Saturday, November 11, 2023

Revisiting Jay-Z Blueprint

 


When this album dropped I was in high school. My friends were much bigger fans of Jay-Z than me and they played this album all the time. I didn't mind because I thought the album was good. As crazy as it may sound to some, I haven't listened to this entire album straight through without skipping a song in about 18-19 years. Like most of you I just put a few songs from old albums on a playlist or just play certain songs when I want to hear them. Today I decided to give it a run and I have a few new thoughts..... I'm not reviewing every song, RELAX!!

Takeover

The hook made me laugh a little because I'm 100% sure Bleek is the only one of these guys that even has his phone number. 


Girls, Girls, Girls

This song is like Meagan Good....perfect then, perfect now



Hola Hovito

This song is bad. Very bad. Everything about it sticks out in a bad way. This meme sums up my thoughts on how that record fits with the rest of the album. 


Renegade

Nas was right. To shoot Jay some bail, this song was tailormade for Eminem to get his shit off. I don't think Jay-Z was horrible on this song but there's a huge gap between the 2 artist on this record. 



Lyrical Exercise

This song is like Kelly Rowland.... fine then, FINER now!!!! 


Girls, Girls, Girls (Part 2)
This song is as unnecessary as Ben Simmons wearing a shooting sleeve. It doesn't takeaway from anything but definitely doesn't add anything either. 


Other than that.... I still feel the same about the rest of the album. U Don't Know is still this best song and Never Change is still the best hook. (to me)






No comments: